Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Year of COVID


Three more months and hopefully we'll be able to look back at 2020 and say "good riddance" and turn forward to a better 2021.

While the Pandemic, lock downs, economic shutdowns, school closures and the ever present masks have impacted most of America, some are better at taking in stride and using the extra time to do something productive. I can't say I've been one of those people. I have squandered time I could have used much better,..and we all know time is that one resource we just can't refill, only learn to use better.

Still, I can't say that the COVID deal has badly impacted me. God has woken me up everyday so far and given me the day. I've done more local clinics; bought a new horse that I'm just tickled about - that's a picture of him up top - his name is Jake. I've seemingly found a working solution to a long standing fungus problem on my #1 horse; and, read a stack of books. The last book being the Essential Martin Black, volume one. I am sorry that all the top hand clinicians schedules have been stymied or at least reduced, including the Randy Rieman clinic I was planning on hosting earlier this year but was derailed due to the china virus. Hopefully 2021 will be a furor of clinics and horsemanship activity.

One man who has not lost stride is songster Dave Stamey. I have a stack of his CD's in my truck and if I have to drive any distance at all, I look forward to listening to him. The COVID lockdown and wild fires have given Dave Stamey some inspiration to create a "porch music" album. This is what Dave say's about his latest song - Porch Music Number 13 'The Next Sound You Hear is Me Leaving,' a little ditty of warning to gentlemen who forget to listen. "We hope you enjoy and will share to all your friends. Once again we are kept inside by wildfire smoke and Covid 19, but at least something is coming out of all of this. Yes, we will begin production of "Porch Music"--the album in just a few weeks...." I'm looking forward to it. And you all can see him perform 'The Next Sound You Hear is Me Leaving' below.




No comments:

Post a Comment