Thursday, December 1, 2022

Cowboy Knives


I have often been asked where someone could obtain a sheath knife they see me carrying. And over the years I sent a few local people to my knife maker. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple years ago. Since then I have referred people to several other makers or sites who carry custom maker's knives.

However, recently I found a company who makes really nice Damascus knives of the style I like. I bought a couple of them earlier this year and have used them to cut hay twine, rope, boxes, plastic buckets and scrap salt blocks. They held up well, although I am not testing them like you see on the television program 'Forged in Fire' where they beat knifes in car hoods and cow skulls. I have yet to ever have to do that with a knife. But I did think highly of these knives to buy a couple more and put them on the prize table for the Arena Challenge I ran a couple months ago.

Recently I obtained several more of them and will offer them through this site. I have added a coule to the store. These are not custom made knives. They are production knives and that is why I can offer them at so affordable a price. Anyone who has any questions on these knives can contact me at: brad@functionalhorsemanship.com

Update:  These knives are now added to the store, click here to go to the store.

Each knife will cost $60.00 plus shipping 



Both knives are of the same design, but I have two options on the handle. These are of a full tang design with 7 inch fixed blade having a blade cutting length of 3 inches and a thickness of 1/8 inch. One has Cattle Bone scales (handle) with a fiber liner (see top photo). The other knife has stabilized Indian Rosewood scales with a fiber liner (see bottom photo).

Both come with 45 degree canted sheaths that are reversible for right hand or left hand draw. This design has a finger choil which is handy keeping it positioned in your hand even wearing gloves.  These knives sit low in the sheath like I like them and I braid a leather popper style tail for easier draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment