Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Conditions Some People Keep Horses In



I try to stick to my own business, but when Horses are involved in situations where they are not provided the care and treatment they deserve,....well I get riled up.

The video below shows a young horse, maybe coming three, that is kept in very inadequate conditions at a location which has been previously visited by animal control for their non-care of two previous horses. The previous horses were kept in filth, malnourished and were not given hoof care. In my experience, horses who are kept like this are also not given vaccinations nor wormed.

This horse is a recent addition to this property and has not yet showed signs of malnutrition. The pen is very unsafe as part of the pen fence is made from corrugated steel (very sharp edges) and other hazards and the manure is piling up.

Also in my experience, Animal Control won't do anything, at least yet. I'll keep an eye on it in the forthcoming weeks, and will get Animal Control out there in case the conditions worsen.




1 comment: