Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Horseback ALS Bucket Challenge


Most of you have seen or heard of the ALS Bucket Challenge where you dump iced water over your head and call out several people to do the same or to donate to the ALS. Everyone from your neighbor to George W. Bush has done it. I'm doing the callout to four cowboy friends of mine to dump the ice on their heads AND to write a check to ALS.

ALS is somewhat close to my family as my wife's best friend's Mother succumbed to ALS so this is memory of Suzanne Jones.

Anyway, I'm calling out these four people: Leonard Benally, aka LRB, a neighbor of mine and good hand with horse. Today was his birthday so Happy Birthday LRB - now dump the ice on your head.

I'm calling out Dan Buckingham of Apache Junction, Arizona, who I used to ride with as Army Range Riders, and who was also my classmate at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. Dan, I reckon it's an even bet you've been chased out of Arizona by a herd of angry women with pitchforks, but I know when you see this you'll get 'er done like you always do.

I'm calling out Texas Ranger Sergeant Trampas Gooding. I know Trampas is healing from some injuries, but when you do, get on that Mustang Gringo and show us something.

Lastly, I'm calling out Bob James of Artesia, New Mexico. Bob is a great American. Served his country in many ways, in many far away locations. I just hope he doesn't shoot me when I see him in seven weeks at the Cowboy Symposium for the crack about his bald head.

Don't forget to write a check to ALS amigos.






No comments:

Post a Comment